Monday 12 November 2012

New Project, New Monster


Bit of a monster sketch! I'm planning a short film featuring a Minotaur.  I took this sketch to Gino Avecedo (Texture artist Weta) and Shane Rangi (played the Minotaur in Narnia). The conversation was so rich around what can be made practical and what might be digital. How to keep a strong human performance and the qualities of the bull in the performance. Flaring nostrils, raising chest,  bulging eyes and breath were indentified as integral elements to protect and enhance the 'bull' element in the character. Shane added great ideas around how a kiwi might take down a minotaur.  His hunting experience may well come through strong in the story yet to come:). I am very grateful for all thier support.

I have submitted the idea to Robin Scholes premier shorts pod. Fingers crossed but failing that financing I will produce an illustrated script to offer as a gift through pledge me and/or kickstarter as a way to raise some funds.  Watch this space for more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment