Sunday 25 November 2012

Spring Reading List





These books have been great for feeding my creativity. The thoughts I've been sharing align closely with the thinking from these writers.  If you have any suggestions of other books of interest please let me know.

Poetics of space, Space and Place and Learning from Hollywood have been integral to forming my approach to the film 'Te Hau'. You can see art and notes on my website. 
Seth Godin's book Linchpin inspired this blog. 
Drive, Blink and In Priase of Slowness have all been fantastic in helping me consider how I work. 
Joseph Campbell has been the basis of much storytelling for cinema. I took some of his thinking into my working of the Battle of Crete story.  Part of me believes that audiences are far too familiar with myth structure and hero journeys today so my interest in this avenue might end here...for now.
A book on Akira Kurosawa...well why wouldn't you?
How to look at paintings is a wonderful read and reminds us to trust our instinct as an audience and to enjoy it from our own place.

Next books on the shelf for summer reading... Tree of Yoga and Good Work.




No comments:

Post a Comment