Wednesday 28 November 2012

Art is my Path, Film is a Vehicle

The life journey is often described as a mountain. We climb it. There are many paths. Some are easy others are hard. Iyengar says his path is yoga. I imagine each of us has a unique and different path. Sometimes our path isn't easy to identify. It is important though that we do or we might find ourselves getting off track.

I have always described filmmaking as my vehicle. In reflection I realise how apt that is. I love the ride of filmmaking. Sometimes like an 18 wheeler truck it's slow to get started but once it's going...well it's hard to slow down. So many artists come for the ride too. Its a fantastic way up the mountain!

Sometimes though it's good to get out and walk, to take it a bit slower, to put my feet back on the ground. It is wonderful to start a new sketch book this week. It reconnects me to my journey. I like to think of art and design as my path. Sometimes, like with my sketch book, I walk. Other times, like with a set design or with directing a film, I take a vehicle.




No comments:

Post a Comment