Saturday 11 May 2013

Defining my Work


My work is to create for the benefit of audience and artistic community. What I create is the byproduct of a life lived artistically. The way I ‘live’ my work is my focus. When my actions, words and thoughts are creative and generous then I am fulfilling my work. The artistic community I look to benefit includes creators and makers for the arts as well as students working toward these roles. I measure my work against market criteria of cost and gain, critical response, satisfaction level of practitioners I work with and the joy and enrichment of my audience. The main measure I work by is the ‘look your self in the mirror’ test. Do I like the person staring back? If so then I am on my mission, I am on my path…I am in my work.

My approach to work is to expose my process of creation openly, unguarded without agenda. In a word  to be 'Vulnerable'. I practice modeling how I work to others to grow trust, confidence, energy and job satisfaction for all. 

Like all I have a responsibility to my family and the community I work with. My aim is to work in ways that are sustainable and support the financial security, independence and freedom of my family and my fellow artists.



No comments:

Post a Comment