Monday 7 October 2013

Kind words from Tom McCrory as to my teaching at Toi Whakaari


Hello Brendan - great to briefly catch up with you yesterday. Just wanted to take an opportunity to celebrate your time at Toi Whakaari. Your presence in the school had an immediate and extremely positive effect where it really counts in the work of the students. You inspired them with your artistry and equipped them with a vast array of new tools with which to create. The result was a quantum leap in the quality of work being produced, one of the most noticeable shifts and marked impacts of a new staff member I saw in 16 years. As a colleague I very much valued your warmth,
positivity and openess - a very generous soul and a pleasure to be with. Thank you for the gifts you shared with the school they will reverberate through the work of those whose work you touched and my sincere good wishes to you and your delightful little family on the next step of your adventure. Much love and respect - Tom

Lovely to receive this message. Sometime this week I'll draft a response and reflection as to my time working with the students and staff at Toi whakaari.

No comments:

Post a Comment