Thursday 31 October 2013

'Airport' Exhibited @ Nola Millar Library.


Nola Millar Library
Toi Whakaari:NZ Drama School
Te Whaea: National Dance and Drama Centre
11 Hutchison Road
Newtown
Wellington


This 'Airport' is the second in a series of drawings leading up to an exhibition early next year. This along with the first image have been exhibited first at the Nola Millar Library.

I installed this piece today. It will remain for the next 2 - 3weeks.

It was great to catch up with staff and students. They're busy with end of year shows and exhibitions. The first image was met with quiet reserve from most so it was wonderful today to see people rushing to it. Openly discussing and enjoying the work. I'm more relaxed sharing the work and the audience, it seems to me, is more relaxed in receiving it.  A pleasure basically :)


Airport
Pen and Ink on Archival paper

Drawn by Brendan Heffernan September 2013

A drawing is a series of risks, mistakes and corrections. Each line is drawn in relation to the other to create composition. I explore as little in pencil as possible and discover the drawing within the permanence of ink.  The stakes are higher and the result alive.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Brendan, do you ever exhibit your drawings? My son and I saw this when we went to the NZ School of Dance end of year show and were blown away, it's amazing.
    Cheers,
    Kerryn Pollock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerryn. Thanks so much. I'm really glad to hear that you and your son enjoyed the work. I have an exhibition planned for mid February at the Visual culture gallery, 108 Oriental Parade. I Would love you to come and see some more work. You can email me at heffernan.brendan@gmail.com with your contact details and I can lett you know details closer to the time or you can check in at my blog late Jan for details. Thanks again :)

      Delete