Thursday 29 August 2013

'Spice Market' Exhibited @ Nola Millar Library.

'The Spice Market' drawing is now on exhibit at the Nola Millar Library.


Nola Millar Library
Toi Whakaari:NZ Drama School
Te Whaea: National Dance and Drama Centre
11 Hutchison Road
Newtown
Wellington



This year I have worked closely with the library in developing my Art. The resource and the staff have been integral to building my process. It is a pleasure to now share this drawing with them.  I hope the visitors to the space will enjoy the work also.

This is the first in a planned series of studio drawings.  I am openly seeking exhibition space in Wellington to present this work.  In the future I am eager to integrate drawings into the exhibition space itself.  Therefore finding spaces to work with rather than simply exhibit within will be key to the work I create.

The question of exhibition space is one I have seeded with the staff of the Nola Millar and I look forward to the conversations and work that grows from here.

Oh and here's what the description reads...


Spice Market
Pen and Ink on Archival paper

Drawn by Brendan Heffernan August 2013

A drawing is a series of risks, mistakes and corrections. Each line is drawn in relation to the other to create composition. I explore as little in pencil as possible and discover the drawing within the permanence of ink.  The stakes are higher and the result alive.

To see more of this work and how it progressed please visit the blog below.




http://brendanheffernan.blogspot.co.nz/
http://www.brendanheffernan.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment