Thursday 1 August 2013

100 posts - Where to next?


This is the 100th post on this blog.  

There's been a good few weeks of pause between the last and this.  In this time I looked back at my writing and was both excited and disappointed. Somewhere along the line the writing shifted from my intention of revealing my process, ideas and voice to me sounding like an expert and teacher.  It all sounded a bit preachy.  I agree with all I've said but not as a manifesto of my process rather as a discussion of process. Process allows for such thinking to be alive, questioned, challenged and ever evolving.   

This blog is extremely helpful with connecting with other artists.  Therefore I will continue to up date it but with a new focus. I will use the blog to reveal Works in Progress. My intention is to use this platform to share my 'Doing' rather than a focus on my 'Thinking'.  (I imagine a little thinking will slip in every now and then). I've done enough talking for the time being. It's time to let the work do the talking.   

I've started a piece of work yesterday.  It's a large sketch, 1200mm x 800mm. No digital with this one. all pencil and ink on Archival paper. Bit of a test but keen to see if it can take my work into a territory I can exhibit.





No comments:

Post a Comment