Thursday 12 December 2013

Nolar Millar Library Exhibition finished


I picked up the 'Airport' Drawing this week from the Nolar Millar Library. This ends the series of drawings in the space.  I'm stoked by the reaction. There is nothing as rewarding as people enjoying the work.  There have been inquiries into further exhibitions as well as a few commissions. My schedule is all locked up for the next few months but will have new work soon.

I will exhibit at Visual Culture Gallery, 108 Oriental Parade Wellington. The mid Feb dates TBC.



The Nolar Millar was a first step in sharing work. I wanted to share work with my local community. I was teaching design in the building at the National Drama school at the time so I selected the library as a way of reaching my colleagues and students. My immediate community.  My next community bubble is Wellington city itself. I'm looking forward to the chance to reach friends, family and my broader community with art.

Special Thanks goes to Kris Wehipeihana for welcoming my journey to begin within the walls of Nolar Millar :). And my gratitude also to Caryl McKirdy who now welcomes my next piece of work into her Gallery.







No comments:

Post a Comment